To see the world in a grain of sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.


William Blake

Wednesday 16 December 2015

A STRANGE DICHOTOMY







I love the run up to Christmas - all the craft and Christmas decorations. But I often think of what a strange festival it is -originally pagan, appropriated for Christianity, and now largely secular. I came across a strange picture of a Santa bowing at the manger. I enjoy all the glitz and fantasy but separate this from my Christian beliefs. I wish there were two separate days - one specifically for the Birth of Christ and one for Santa coming. A  friend of mine, whose husband is Dutch says this is a tradition where he comes from. His family gave presents earlier in December and then the 25th of December was a religious occasion.

I guess in the end Christmas is what each of us wishes to make of it and take from it.









Looking towards Point Perpendicular, Jervis Bay


Show me how to always speak the right words to bring peace to a situation or a relationship. I pray for peace to reign in all my relationships.

Stormie O'Martian

No comments:

Post a Comment